This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
CLASSROOM NORMS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Students need to be punctual
- Be prepared and ready – (Pencil, Paper, Folder)
- Keep students at the center of focus and decision –making
- Be present and engaged- limit distractions
- Monitor airtime and share your voice- you’ll know which applies to you!
- Challenge with respect- disagreement can be healthy, respect all intentions
- Be solutions oriented- for the good of the group, look for the possible
- Risk productive struggle- this is safe space to get out of your comfort zone
- Balance urgency and patience- we need to see dramatic change and change will happen over time
SHOP AREA EXPECTATIONS
Safety is the #1 priority in my classroom and shop area so each student is required to follow all the safety procedures from the classroom expectations and the shop area expectations. The biggest safety violations are usually horse playing, not wearing safety glasses, loose or baggy clothing and improper footwear. Introduction to Collision Repair , Non-Structural Collision Repair and Painting and Refinishing will get dirty in this class so it is recommended that the student get a pair of old clothes, coveralls or a shop coat. Students are required to wear clothing that fits them properly; loose or baggy clothing can get caught in moving parts on a vehicle or impede their movement while working around vehicles, causing injury (or even worse) to the student. It is recommended that students wear safety shoes or boots in the shop environment, they are required to wear shoes that cover their toes and heels, they must fit snugly to their feet (no open toed, flip flops, slip on shoes or sandals). Students with loose fitting clothing or improper footwear will have their grade reduced, since they cannot fully participate in the class and cannot work in the shop, however being prepared for class is a grade. Arriving prepared for work (regardless of the job) is a valuable workplace skill that will improve your student’s chance of obtaining and keeping employment.