This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
If you and your parent would like to request to have a digital parent teacher conference, please access the zoom link on this post.
- Open House is on 8/25/22 from 4:30pm until 7:00pm and is designed to meet and greet with the teacher.
- Meetings will last no longer than 10 minutes to accommodate as many parents as possible
It is the responsibility of the student to get his or her make-up work upon return from absence. I will not remind students to get work after they have been absent. The student will have as many days as he or she was absent to make up the missed assignments. In order to assure accuracy in the gradebook, I will initially record a zero and replace it with the new grade after work is completed. Makeup classwork will be located by day in a file box in the classroom. Upon completion, work should be given directly to the teacher.
**If a student misses a test or quiz, he or she will be responsible for setting up a time with me to retake the missed test/quiz. All tests/quizzes must be taken within a week of the student returning to school.
Students should always make the effort to complete and submit assignments on time. I understand that there are situations that arise. All late work immediately receives a 20% deduction from the earned grade. Late projects will automatically receive a 20% reduction from the earned grade.
If an assignment is not turned in during that assignment’s unit and/or before that unit’s exam, the assignment will be put in the gradebook as a 0%.
All legal documents will be followed and appropriate time will be given.
- The fastest way to fail my class is to neglect to turn in assignments. I cannot grade what I do not have. Regardless of whether you have completed an assignment, I cannot review it if you keep it in your notebook or leave it at home. This includes leaving your name off your paper. “No name papers” will be put in the “No Name Bucket” and can be labeled with your name and turned in for full credit prior to the unit exam.
- Should a student miss an assignment for any reason, it will be recorded as a zero. This is so my grades will always be as accurate as possible based on what your child has done in my class. Zeroes can and will be replaced with grades once your child turns in makeup or late work as long as it is not turned in after that assignment’s test.
STUDENT TO TEACHER COMMUNICATIONS:
Students must check student email regularly for school messages and teacher communications. Email and Google Classroom will be the main communication pathways for this course. Please allow up to 24 hours for a response.
- Bring all needed materials to class and be ready to work when the bell rings.
- Keep all personal electronics put away.
- Be responsible for your own learning.
- Be respectful of the teacher and others, including their property.
- No Food or drink except clear water in a see through container
- Clean up after yourself and with your lab group members.
- Speak at appropriate times and in an appropriate tone.
- If I should have a substitute teacher, she/he has the same authority that I have.
Behavior problems will be recorded daily and consequences will be issued accordingly. Students are expected to follow all class expectations as well as the NWHS and CMCSS rules. If it becomes necessary for consequences to be issued, the following list of consequences will be used. Serious offenses may call for immediate action that does not follow the list’s order below.
- Verbal warning
- Student/Teacher Conference
- Coach/Club sponsor contact (if applicable)
- Parent/Guardian phone call
- Principal’s office
- Parent/Teacher/Principal Conference
I use a point-based grading system. Classwork/homework will average 10 points each, while lab write-ups and other large or important assignments will be worth more points. Quizzes and tests will range from 20-100 points, respectively. Notebook checks will also be counting as a quiz or test grade (bi-weekly) as organization is key.
Power School is the grading program used by the CMCSS and Northwest H.S. Parents/guardians may view their child’s grades at any time or opt to have the grades e-mailed to them on a regular schedule. If you are not familiar with Power School, I recommend signing up. Contact the NWHS guidance office if you are unsure of your login username and password. I will keep grades up to date on a weekly basis, sometimes more, in order to provide you and your student(s) the most accurate grade at all times.